Cultivating leaders in private practice optometry.
The purpose of the Student Optometric Leadership Network (SOLutioN), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is to provide national unification and recognition of student optometric private practice and practice management organizations, support and connect local organization leaders, and promote the future of private-practice optometry. SOLutioN provides common resources for leadership training among the student leaders of optometric private practice and practice management organizations. SOLutioN connects optometry students with networking and career opportunities and exists to support students in their pursuit of private-practice optometry.
- SOLutioN is for the thought leaders; changing and sculpting the profession at the earliest stages – the student level
- SOLutioN’s goal is to make the optometric profession stronger.
- SOLutioN’s goal is to inspire and educate future OD’s, filling in the gap of curricular education.
"What" of SOLutioN?
- SOLutioN is designed to serve as a central resource for obtaining educational items, funding, and lecturers for private practice clubs at all optometry schools.
- SOLutioN allows each club's leaders to meet, share ideas, and work together to strengthen the practice management education of optometric students regardless of school attended.
- SOLutioN unifies the optometric students nationally by creating an atmosphere that promotes team work
- SOLutioN is to serve as a source of leadership education for the clubs’ incoming and outgoing presidents